Skip To Main Content


The following are answers to the most frequently asked questions.

What do I do if my child is going to be absent?

Send an email to prior to 9:30 a.m. to let the office know why your child will be absent. Be sure to send a note to the teacher when your child returns following an absence.

What do I do if my child needs to take medicine at school?

Prescription medication must be in the original bottle with the prescription label on it. Non-prescription medication must be in a labeled container. Parents must send a note giving the nurse permission to dispense the medication along with necessary instructions regarding dosage amount and the time of day for administration.

May I pay for my child's lunch in advance?

You may pay as much as $99 in advance to be held in a computerized account. Checks should be made out to Seaford Elementary and payment goes directly to the cafeteria manager. There are three student lunch account categories, breakfast, lunch, and ala carte. All checks should specify how the money is to be deposited.

May parents visit during lunch?

Parents are always welcome for lunch. Please pick up a visitor's badge in the front office. We ask that you meet your child's class in the cafeteria rather than in the classroom or hallway.

How do I pick up my child early from school or deliver an item during the day?

Come to the office and sign your child out. We will call them out of class over the intercom. Send a letter to the teacher letting them know you will be picking your child up early so that they can be sure all assignments have been written down.

Please make every effort NOT to pull your child out during the school day.

If your child needs an item that was left at home, we will contact the classroom and have the student pick up the item at a convenient time.

Why can't I park in front of the building to drop off or pick up my child?

This area is for dropping off and picking up students who ride buses. To have students and cars mixed in with the buses is a serious safety concern. Cars may park in the parking spaces in front of the school only between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 2:45 p.m.

What do I do if my child is going home with another child on the bus?

All requests for bus changes must be in writing from the parents of both students. Tell your child to bring the note to the office first thing in the morning and we will give them a bus pass. Your child gives the bus pass to the bus driver; so the driver knows they have permission to ride a different bus.

What should I do if my child cannot participate in P.E. because of an injury?

If a student will miss three (3) or more days of P.E., he/she will need a doctor's note. If it is less than three (3) days, parents should send a note to the school nurse. An inability to participate in P.E. is applied to participation in other outside activities.

How do I contact my child's teacher?

Feel free to call the school at 898-0352 and leave a message requesting that the teacher contact you. Do not expect to have a teacher called out of class to take your phone call. Teachers are asked to return all phone calls within 24 hours. Also, remember to use the agenda to request teacher contact or exchange information. You may also send your child's teacher an e-mail.